zaterdag 11 juli 2009

Limited Movement

Folks,

My last post was six days ago. You could say unacceptable but I haven't done anythings what would interest you.

I've visited the largest Buddha that exists. A nice trip with a cable car an
d then a lot of stairs resulted in a face to face meeting with the holy statue. I wish I could upload the 4 minute long video but it is 444 MB, a bit too big to upload.



A few days ago I had a beach barbeque with the Alex, his sister and her friend and the family I'm staying with during the vacation. It was a rainy day but as you can see we had good cover.



I've also seen the origin of the flag: Bauhinia blakeana statue. This flower is shown on the flag of Hong Kong. The British Kingdom gave this flower when Hong Kong was officialy handed over to China. Let me take the oppurtinity to clarify something;
Hong Kong officialy belongs to China. On the side note Hong Kong has it's own regulations, own laws and it's own separate goverment. As I told in my "The Spa" post you even need to a passport to travel to Hong Kong to China and vica versa. Another thing, in Hong Kong the population speaks Cantonese as in China Mandarion is the mainly used language. Further more, people from Hong Kong don't want be refered as Chinese but has Hongkonese.

I find it fair to say that there are two different countries. Oke moving on..



These were my tourist activities in the past days. The vacation is starting to end. 14th of July I'm departing so I'm again in shopping mode. I even purchased a PSP :). I will have new post on the 13th.

Greetz,

TyKH

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten