zaterdag 27 juni 2009

Update



Yes, finally I've the time to update the blog.

My journey hasn't started the way it should've been. While we were driving the highest score you can make with throwing darts on the German Highway, I realised I forget my camera!!! A real bummer.

After a night sleep at Alex's aunt we went to Frankfurt to catch a the plane for a 11 hour long flight. It went al smoothly and arrived in one piece at Hong Kong airport. What was exeptional is that the landingsstrip is in the bay so I already had a nice view. I wish I could share the experience but as said earlier, my camera is not here.

The uncle of Alex was waiting for us and brougt us to Alex's place of stay. Arriving at her house the beautiful scene of Hong Kong didn' became reality. The appartments which are 40 floors high are old, very old. While this is called the New Nerritory (Tsuen Wan) the buildings are over 30 years old. The paint is almost completely washed off. We were early ( 7:00 am). We took a long nap and went to my place. Alex's family who offered the room were very nice nice, great hospitality. The room itself was small, very small. 3Mx3Mb if not smaller.

Later on the day we bought the Octopus. The octopus is the public transportation card for the use of metro, busses and many many more. The Netherlands could take a lesson or two how this is implemented.

We visited Mang Kok. Mang Kok is the central point is the New Territory for shopping :). I also got to see the Sony Store. Very important for my Sony Vaio purchase.


Mang Kok, actually whole Hong Kong, is crowded and busy. Slow walking which irritates me to this day, blocking my path constantly.

Up to today i've spent most of my time in Mang Kok due the varieted supply. I've gone to some other neigboorhoods; Sham Shui Po, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kwai Fong and Lan Chin Kok. While Kwai Fong was loaded with electronica (from motherboard up to car chargers) Tsim Sha Tsui had some more exclusive clothing (Calvin Klein, Gucci, Diesel, Luis Vitton).

Wait for my nex post, I'll sum up what I've bought these days. Check below for some pictures..first purchase was new camera.








2 opmerkingen: